Tuesday, January 20, 2015

bootcamp

My Make Art That Sells bootcamp assignment!

I'm taking Lilla Rogers Bootcamp again this year and I just finished our first assignment! I love this class, it is so inspiring and motivating.
Each assignment starts out with a mini exercise that you build on to create a final piece of art. This time it was to draw Edwardian brooches. Here's my first go at that:

I'm taking Lilla Rogers boot camp again and our first mini assignment was to draw Edwardian brooches. I was feeling rather blah about this subject until I took it in a different direction... (See next photo) #makeartthatsells #sketches

I wasn't really getting into the subject matter, but something about them reminded me of the lushness of the Lady and Unicorn tapestries, so from that, I sketched these:

For some reason those Edwardian brooches (see previous photo) reminded me of the lushness of the Lady and Unicorn tapestries so I did some more sketches inspired by both! I'm liking this direction much better, I can't wait to make something from these...

which became drawings for my final project, to design a journal cover. This was kind of a challenging              assignment but I think I like how it turned out. I also did some heavy Photoshop work to create that fancy pen to go with it! I had fun with that, I haven't done any super Photoshopping in awhile. :)

On Monday the class gallery will be posted, my favorite part! I can't wait to see what everyone else has done.

xo aimee


2 comments:

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)