Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bootcamp wall art

wooden wall art design

I've finished another art piece for Lilla Rogers Bootcamp! I had a lot of fun with this one, and what's funny is I switched gears completely in the middle of this assignment because I didn't like what I was doing at first. Sometimes you just have to follow your gut. 

folk art sketch

Here's the sketch it came from. Our first exercise was to draw scenes from vintage plates, and I found some Scandinavian style ones I really liked, so I created my own version. Then we were to create a piece of wall art on wood from the design we came up with. Although we were encouraged to paint directly on wood, I cheated a bit and put this together in Illustrator and Photoshop just because my time is limited these days, and I knew I wanted to use this art for other things in the future. I originally had the illustrations on a light background, the darker one kind of happened by mistake just playing around, and I ended up really liking how the colors all popped off of it, so here it is! Yay for happy accidents. 

I can't say enough about Lilla Rogers' MATS and Bootcamp classes, if you're an artist looking for new inspiration, check it out, you won't be sorry!

xo aimee

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo adorable Aimee! I love the colors and how the wood texture shows through.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)